Monday, December 29, 2008

Morning Musume - "COVER YOU" Review

The album dropped like last month, and the sales flip flang flopped. Sayumi Michishige's voice (or just Sayu) just got 10x more annoying, and Reina Tanaka stole the center of the cover for no good reason. Despite the irritations, this album is actually quite good. It's very solid and doesn't stray away from focus. It's just pure Japanese classics that are sung MM style.

01 - Nagisa no Sindibad
It didn't immediately stick out to me before, but it's actually good. The "SEXY"s are great and so is the harmony.
02 - Dou ni mo Tomaranai
Where track 1 didn't stick out, this one did at the first listen. I LOVE the beat, being that it's so danceable. MM is very good for the kind of chorus it has as well. It's a perfect fit.
03 - Izakaya
I don't know. Whether to like it or hate it. Sometimes I really like it, but overall I think it's not really Morning Musume as it is a duet between Ai Takahashi and that guy who starts out the song. I do however like this kind of music, the Enka style that is. It's pretty, and I guess Ai's mature voice is the only one that matches it best.
04 - Pepper Keibu
5 stars!! The only single that came out from this album as we know it. It's PERFECT transition from Pink Lady to Momusu. And everyone got solo/duet lines with each other. Even though it's all dancing, I did find the music video and dance entertaining. Go watch!! O ya, just to note that this is the Album Version...the only thing Album versiony to it is 1-2 seconds from the beginning is copied and pasted at the very end...which is very strange.
05 - Shiroi Chou no Samba
I believe Lin Lin and Jun Jun sing the main verses, which for them are sung very well. I'm very glad they got to be centers..it's hope to see them in the center for a single! The chorus is pretty, but overall it's similar to track 7 and I take track 7 over this. But it's still good.
06 - Seishun Jidai
This is a greaat song. The harmonies on the chorus are so good. I can compare it to Danity Kane easily.
07 - Ringo Satsujin Jiken
I LOOOVE this song. It's like paradise vacation singing bird walking the outside mall song. But the one thing that I can't stand is in here...Sayu's voice!!! She sounds like Ms. Swan. I'm serious...I know she's portraying the "Cute" of MM but the voice needs to be knocked off. She needs to find her real voice because I know she's faking this. lol. Other than that, this song is very cutesy..so I guess that's why they have a lot of Sayu here.
08 - Romance
It's the B-Side to Pepper Keibu single. Though I didn't like it before, I don't know what I was thinking cause it's REALLY good. It's one of the star tracks I always put over others.
09 - Machi no Hikari
Ai's voice, so very pwettyy.. lol. This is one of those Ai-center songs, but Risa does have some parts as well. It's a good break after all those dancey songs.
10 - Koi no Dial 6700
Back to dancey. This time in Hong Kong!! wooo! lol. It starts of with Lin&Jun going "Lei lei lei lei lei..." omg, i can't believe there was ever a song so chinese before, and they just happened to add two Chinese members to Morning Musume, making for the PERFECT matchup huh? I thot it was kind of annoying at first, but the actual song is very fun. Time for more... (oh yeah Koharu's voice is AMAZING at the "telephone numBAA" parts. and this is one of those songs that I appreciate Reina having lines in)
11 - Pinponpan Taisou
AHHH! Lol. I was addicted to this one from the start...tho it has lessened and I'm glad. It's like a fricking horseback song while fishing for some surus. And things swimming in the ocean, u know like styrofoam fish and water that kids use to make little movies. The song literally turns me into a kid again. It has so many transitions to it, I guess that's what makes it so interesting and able to listen to multiple times without releasing ALL of what's in there right away. Anyways, I'm really glad they sang this because I can relate to it's kiddishness. And at the end they say ARIGATO so they're happy and thankful..lol.
12 - Watashi no Aoi Tori
Lol I always skip this one. but i don't dislike it. I love the "goo goo goo goos". Ok time to skip.
13 - Johnny e no Dengen
This one seriously reminds me of Cinderella or something. Probably cause they did do Cinderella the Musical this year. Risa Niigaki, one of my fav members starts off the song!! -). She sounds a little more manly tho, probably because she's singing with her diaphram and isn't used to it yet. VERY pretty song. My boyfriend even started singing along to it in the car because it's so catchy. I appreciate when he does that so then it doesn't seem like he doesn't like my music entirely lol.
14 - UFO
I don't know. I hardly listen to it. I was never really into UFOish kind of music (except for Ginga no Chikai by MAX, and Spice Up Your Life by POSH of course!) I guess it's a good way to say bye being the final track. UFO . yayyy, w'ere gonna ride a spaceship. I dunno i'm listening to it right now. They can do without it.

Overall a great cover album, very entertaining compared to most covers. Does anyone have the lyrics and who sang what? I can't find it. -p.

No comments: