Friday, December 5, 2008

REALIZATION

I just thought this up before closing the gym about an hour and a half ago...

I just know it: I belong at the top of the educational chain

And this is me when I'm not being lazy. I actually took advantage of reading a chapter in my book for my multicultural issues class. After class too, yesterday, I decided to ask the teacher for help. She's a Filipina counselor and teacher, the only fulltime teacher in our district that is not white. It's not a supremacy thing, I just find that very inspiring (and to note, she's a very strong person). I asked her to help me, to motivate myself. She immediately told me about her counseling theory class and other class I should take next semester..but I wasn't looking for that (even tho the couns. theory class sounded fun). I was already fully enrolled for next semester, and it would conflict with the times of classes I'm already in. Anyways...my original purpose was just to get some counseling, to prepare me to be a student who does WELL.

I guess me asking for help is what triggered me to realize that I deserve to be on top. Sure there were other realizations about myself educationally before, but not as clear cut and strong as this one sounds!

So now that I figured where I want to go...I've gotta make it happen!!

No comments: